Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Running Injuries

This blog will be dedicated to injuries experienced by runners and other athletes. I'll talk about everything from black toenails to shin splints to stress fractures. I'll be happy to address any injuries about which my followers inquire and also discuss injuries my patients and fellow runners are dealing with.

This first post will be about my own running injury. I have pain on the outside of my ankle for the past 10 days since I ran the Long Beach Marathon. I felt a spasm in that area at about the 24 mile mark and now still have pain with walking. I'm talking 2 weeks off of running and hoping the pain will resolve, but if not I will get x-rays and may need an MRI. I could have a stress fracture of the fibula, but more than likely it is an injury to the peroneal tendons. I hope it's not a rupture! I'll keep you posted.

www.drrichardgraves.com

www.facebook.com/solfootandanklecenters

No comments:

Post a Comment